Leave Dates allows you to define the types of allowance offered by your organisation.
Once you have defined the company default, then you can tailor this for each employee.
- Go into the Settings > Employees page.
- Click on an employee.
- Select the ALLOWANCES tab.
The allowances are shown for the current calendar. You can select a different calendar using the dropdown , or follow these instructions if you need to create a new calendar.
Initially, the top allowance will be editable. To change the amount, simply select the current amount , enter the new amount and click the blue tick icon to confirm.
To change a different allowance, click the pencil icon of that allowance .
Repeat this for each employee who has non-standard allowances.
- Set the default values for new employees in the Settings > Allowances page.
- When you create a new calendar, the allowances for the new year will inherit from the previous year for that employee.
- To manage time off in lieu (TOIL) read this guide - Time off in Lieu (TOIL)
- Update hundreds of employee allowances quickly using our data import tool. Simply download the data to Excel, update it and import it.
Manually run the carry over calculation
In allowances which have a carry over policy, a button to Calculate Carry Over will appear, as shown below.
This gives you the option to run a carry over calculation manually for the selected employee and leave year. The carry over calculation will always run at midnight on the first day of the leave year regardless of whether you press this button.
When running a carry over calculation, the following occurs:
- The remaining leave of the previous leave year is calculated. This is called the "carry over".
- If there is a maximum limit of allowed carry over, this is applied.
- The carry over is added to the current year's allowance.
- The carry over is deducted from the previous leave year.
- If the expiry period of the allowance policy has passed then any untaken carry over is deducted.
Reasons to run a manual carry over calculation:
- To retrospectively perform the carry over calculation after the leave year has started.
- To agree the carry over balances ahead of the leave year ending for planning or approval purposes.
In circumstances where the carry over needs to be fixed in place, use the lock icon to prevent any further carry over calculations from occurring for this employee. A red lock icon (as shown below) means that the carry over will not be recalculated, even on the first day of the leave year.
The amount of carry over can be edited manually by an admin user.
Giving employees an unlimited allowance
There may be reasons why certain employees do not need an allowance, but you still wish to track their time off in Leave Dates. For example,
- Company Owners
If you wish to give someone an unlimited allowance, you can turn on the Set as unlimited toggle shown within the allowance. This removes the allowance, as shown below.
The allowance can be restored by turning off the same toggle.