When new staff join or leave your organisation, Leave Dates can facilitate the process.
Managing new starters
New employees are entered in the Settings > Employees page. Please see this guide for further information on setting up employees.
Adding a new employee may cause you to exceed your annual subscription plan. If this is the case, you will need to amend your plan before adding the employee.
In the ALLOWANCES tab of the employee, enter their full annual allowance which will be prorated based on their start date.
Enter the employee's start date in the PROFILE tab and press Save. A warning will appear asking whether to prorate the allowances, click this and apply the proration. For further information on prorating allowances, please read this guide.
Once you're happy that the employee details, working schedule and allowances are all correct, invite them to join the company.
Managing the leaving process
When employees leave your organisation, you should first calculate how much remaining allowance they have. Any remaining leave allowance can be paid on their final payroll and cases of overbooking can be deducted.
Once you know their leaving date, enter it on the Settings > Employees page and press Save. A warning will appear asking whether you wish to prorate their allowance. Follow this guide to prorate the annual allowance based on their end date.
Using the My Leave or Reports > Allowances page, check the employee's remaining allowance for payroll purposes.
After the employee has left the organisation they can be removed from Leave Dates:
- In the Settings > Employees page, select the employee. In the PROFILE tab, tick the "Hidden" role to hide them on the wall chart from other users. Then press Save and close.
- Press the red delete icon next to that employee to archive them from the system. Once they have been archived they will no longer count towards the paid subscription user count.
Employees are archived rather than deleted so if you need to restore their information later, you can do so by following these steps:
- In the Settings > Employees page, tick the Show Deleted box. All previously deleted employees will be listed.
- Click the red Restore button next to the employee you wish to restore.
- Once restored, they become an active employee in Leave Dates with all their past data available for analysis. We recommend giving employees a Hidden role before deletion, to avoid them becoming visible to other employees after restoration. If this was not set prior to deletion, you should activate this role now. Employees with the Hidden role will only be visible to admin users.
Restoring an employee may cause you to exceed your annual subscription plan. If this is the case, you will need to amend your plan before restoring the employee.