You can import public holidays from over 150 countries into Leave Dates.
In this article, we explain how to import public holidays, how they are shown in the system, and how they impact taking leave.
Steps to import public holidays
- Go to the settings menu (via the cog icon) and click the Holidays link.
- Initially, you will have no public holidays configured, so click the 'Add Holiday' button.
- Select the Year, Country and Region you want to import holidays for.
- You will then be shown all the public holidays for that country and region.
- If you have any additional free company holidays then you can add them in the 'Other Holidays' section at the bottom of the form.
- When you are ready, click Save.
- To add more years, you can click the Add Year button.
Assigning public holidays to employees
- If all of your employees are allowed the same set of public holiday dates, the easiest way to assign them is to click the 'Assign to All' button (shown above).
- It is also possible to assign each employee to a specific holiday location by editing the employee in the Employee settings page.
How public holidays impact the Wall Chart and leave requests.
Public holidays are shown in the Wall Chart as shaded out, as shown below.
If you try to book leave over this date, then it will not deduct from your leave allowance.
As a result, we recommend you to enter your employee allowances net of public holidays.
Now you have configured public holidays, the next step is to set up employees.