You can configure as many different types of leave as you like in Leave Dates.
What are leave types?
You can think of a Leave type as the category of the request.
There are a variety of reasons why your staff may need to take time off from work and it can be helpful to categorise them.
When you first create your calendar, you are given some leave types by default. These can be added to, edited or deleted to suit your needs.
What information is stored for each leave type?
Against each leave type you can store the following information:
- Leave Name - this is how you refer to this category of time off
- Leave Description - a description of what this category is used for
- Display Colour - the colour which should be used to distinguish this type of leave
- Deduct From Allowance - if employees are given a certain allowance of this type of leave then select the allowance here. If this is left blank then there will be no limit on how many days or hours an employee can request. Learn more about leave allowances.
- Admin users only -
- On = This type of leave will only be available to admin users. Other staff cannot request it.
- Off = Everyone can request this type of leave.
- No approval needed
- On = No approval is needed when requesting this type of leave.
- Off = Requests for this type of leave will be sent to an approver.
- Make Reason Public
- On = If someone enters a reason for their leave request, it will be shown to everyone in the wall chart. If the requestor marks their leave request as private, the reason will always be kept private, whether this is on or off.
- Off = If someone enters a reason for their request, it will only be visible to their approver and admin users.
- Ignore from conflicts
- On = This type of leave will not cause conflicts with other types of leave. Requests for this leave type will not be used in calculating whether leave limits have been exceeded.
- Off = This type of leave will be used to calculate conflicts and leave limits.
- Admin users only -
Now you have configured your leave types, the next step is to set up public holidays