When an employee requests overtime, the approver will be notified of the request in several ways:
- Email notification (unless this has been turned off in the approver's profile)
- Bell notification, shown in the top right corner when logged into Leave Dates
- Push notification to the mobile app (if installed)
The approver can click or tap on any of these notifications to view more information about the request.
The request opens as a slide-over from the right, as shown below.
The request shows the details of the days on which the overtime was earned, the reason/description for the request and the impact on the employees' allowance.
Approve and Decline buttons are available for the approver.
Attachments & updates
Any attachments added by the requestor will be stored in the Attachments tab. If needed, the approver can add new attachments at this stage.
The Updates tab shows a history of the updates performed to the request:
- When the request was made
- When approval/decline was given
- If/when the request was cancelled
- Any updates made to the request
- Any comments on the request
Cancelling an overtime request
An overtime request can be cancelled by the requestor, approver or admin user by opening the request and clicking the Cancel Request button in the bottom right corner.
Requestors can only cancel requests that are still pending approval and in the future. Once approval has been given or the dates of the request have passed, then the requestor must ask an admin or approver to cancel it. The easiest way to request this is to add a comment to the request.