Leave Dates will not allow staff to book more leave than they are allowed.
However, if there is a need to exceed an allowance, there are 2 options:
1. Set up a leave type for tracking overbooked days
For example, Unpaid Leave could be used for overbooking Annual Leave. If a staff member needs to request 10 days off and only has 9 days of annual leave remaining, they would need to request 9 days of annual leave and 1 day of unpaid leave. The unpaid leave is then easy to track in the leave reports.
2. Bring forwards next year's leave allowance into the current year
If your company is set up with a carry over policy then this can be used to:
- Carry over unused leave allowance from the current year to next year.
- Bring forwards next year's leave allowance into the current year.
Using the second option, the employee will gain some additional allowance in the current year that will be taken from next year's allowance.
To do this,
- Go to the ALLOWANCES tab of the employee (in the Settings > Employees page).
- Select the calendar for next year
- Adjust the carry over allowance to a negative number.
In the example shown below, 16 hours has been brought forwards from 2023 into 2022.
Therefore, this employee (Abie Denis) will receive an additional 16 hours in 2022, and those hours are deducted from 2023.