How can we book leave days beyond the allowance in a leave year? Some staff need to bring forward next year's allowance.
It is possible to carry forward days from next year into the current year as long as you have a carry-over policy in place.
- Go to the Settings > Employees page and select the employee.
- Select the Allowances tab
- Select the calendar for next year (ie. 2024 if currently in 2023).
- Then click the Recalculate carry over button (see screenshot below).
- Any unused days from the current leave year are carried over into next year.
- Finally, modify the carry over value to be a negative number. For example, entering -1 will result in 1 day from the next leave year being made available in the current leave year. Press the Tick icon (or enter on your keyboard) to save the change.
When the new leave year arrives, the carry over process will recalculate the carry over. If you do not wish this to be recalculated, press the lock icon next to the carry over figure to lock it in place.