As an administrator, you can configure all sorts of data to make Leave Dates work for your business.
If you have a large business, some data could take a long time to manage manually.
Therefore we have given you a handy bulk upload tool to allow you to upload hundreds of records at the same time from Excel.
This should help you migrate from your legacy HR system or spreadsheet onto Leave Dates.
There are 3 types of data you can upload in bulk by going to the Settings -> 'Data Import' page:
Here you can upload your entire company in one go.
First, download the template. You need to fill in this template and then upload it. The first sheet of the template is for you to fill in, and the second sheet gives you values which can be used as lookups for approvers, departments, allowance units, permissions and time zones.
All departments and approvers must be set up in Leave Dates before you can reference them in the import.
Once you're happy that the template has all your employees filled in, save it and click the Upload button. We will then load your team into Leave Dates and let you know if we find any issues.
Any employees uploaded using this method will not be invited to join - you must do this via the website.
The process for uploading Leave is similar to the process of uploading employees. Download the template, fill it in using the lookups provided and then save and upload it.
When uploading Leave records there are a few things to be aware of:
- Only use one row per date. So if you are uploading a 5 day leave (eg. Monday to Friday) it should take up 5 rows.
- Full Name and Leave Type should be typed exactly the same as provided in the lookup sheet.
- The date should be given in Excel date format.
- From and To are optional fields to indicate the start and end time of the leave. If you do not fill these in the system will use the working schedule of that person.
- 'Is Private' is optional. If you do not provide this information it will default to No.
- Reason is optional and will appear as comments in the leave request.
The allowance upload works a little differently to the others. When you download this template, it exports all of the allowances configured for a particular calendar. You can then amend them as required, save the template and upload it. In this template you can only amend the amounts, the rest of the sheet is protected.