3 levels of permission
There are 3 types of users of the Leave Dates system:
If you are an admin user and you edit an employee, you will see the admin / approver tick boxes as below. This is how you can give an employee those permissions.
The majority of people will fall into the 'User' category. These are staff members who do not have permission to approve leave or administer the system. Users are able to perform the following activities:
- Request leave.
- Edit and cancel leave which has not yet been taken.
- View details of their own leave.
- View the leave of others, including the type of leave unless it has been marked as private.
- View their allowance and remaining allowance.
- Update their profile information.
Approvers have the same permissions as a user and can also perform the following activities:
- Approve or decline leave requests of their team.
- View request information of their team, even if the leave is marked as 'private'.
The person who first created the leave calendar is assigned the role of Admin. It is also possible to be assigned the role of admin by other admin users.
Admins have the same permissions as a user and can also perform the following activities.
- Configure the tool to align it with your organisation's leave policy.
- Set up employees, leave types, allowances, calendars and more.
- Assign the approver or admin role to other users.
- Approve or decline leave requests only if no other approvers are assigned.
- Make corrections to leave records, even after the leave has been taken.
- View request information, even if the leave is marked as 'private'
- Upgrade to a paid plan.