3 levels of permission
There are 3 types of users of the Leave Dates system:
If you are an admin user and you edit an employee, you will see the admin / approver tick boxes as below. This is how you can give an employee those permissions.
The majority of people will fall into the 'User' category. These are staff members who do not have permission to approve leave or administer the system. Users are able to perform the following activities:
- Request leave
- View their own leave
- View the leave of others, including the type of leave unless it has been marked as private
- View their allowance and remaining allowance
- Update their profile information
Users with the approver permission can be set up as approvers of employees. This is configured in the employee settings screen:
When you have been set up as an approver of an employee, then you will receive that employee's leave requests to approve or decline.
Approvers have the same permissions as a user and can also perform the following activities:
- Approve the leave requests of their team
- View their team's leave allowance and remaining allowance
The person who first created the leave calendar is assigned the role of Admin. It is also possible to be assigned the role of admin by other admin users.
Admins have the same permissions as a user and can also perform the following activities.
- Configure the tool to align it with your company's annual leave policy
- Set up employees, allowances, calendars and much more.
- Assign the approver or admin role to other users
- Approve or reject leave
- Make corrections to leave records, even after the leave has been taken
- View the leave type of leave marked as 'private'
- Upgrade to a paid plan