4 levels of permission
There are 4 levels of permission in the Leave Dates system:
Admin users can administer these permissions in the Settings > Employee page where each employee has the following tick boxes shown:
Everyone who has a Leave Dates account is a user.
Users are able to perform the following activities:
- Request leave.
- Edit and cancel leave which has not yet been taken.
- View details of their own leave.
- View the leave of others, including the type of leave unless it has been marked as private.
- View their allowance and remaining allowance.
- Update their profile information.
- Import their leave dates into a regular calendar such as Outlook or Google Calendar.
- Create a daily leave report in Slack.
Approvers have the same permissions as a user and can also perform the following activities:
- Approve or decline leave requests of their team.
- View information about the leave requests of their team, even if the leave is marked as 'private'.
- View the 'My Year' page of people in their team.
- Request, edit and cancel leave for people in their team.
- Manage time off in lieu (TOIL) for people in their team.
- Run reports for people in their team.
The person who first created the leave calendar is assigned the role of Admin. It is also possible to be assigned the role of admin by other admin users.
Admins have the same permissions as a user and can also perform the following activities.
- Configure the tool to align it with your organisation's leave policy.
- Set up employees, leave types, allowances, calendars and more.
- Assign the approver or admin role to other users.
- View the 'My Year' page of anyone in the company.
- Request, edit and cancel leave on behalf of anyone in the company.
- Approve or decline leave requests only if no other approvers are assigned.
- Make corrections to leave records, even after the leave has been taken.
- View request information, even if the leave is marked as 'private'
- Manage time off in lieu (TOIL) for anyone in the company.
- Run reports for anyone in the company.
- Upgrade to a paid plan.
If the person who first created the calendar no longer wishes to be an admin, it is possible to remove this admin permission by unticking the admin box. Before doing this, make sure you have assigned the admin role to at least one other employee at the company.
The hidden role is for users who do not need to share their time off with others on the wall chart.
It is useful for system administrators who manage multiple companies, or for approvers who do not need to track or share their own leave.
Any users set up as hidden will not be listed in the wall chart except for themselves and admin users. Leave created for hidden users will not be shown as conflicts with other users, or used to calculate the maximum people allowed on leave.