Recognizing and rewarding employees' commitment is integral to fostering a productive and positive work environment.
One such method is providing long service awards, in which employees are given additional annual leave days based on the years they've served the company.
Examples of this are:
- Employees are given an extra day of annual leave each year they work at the company.
- After 2 years, employees are given an additional 3 days of annual leave per year.
This article guides you through the process of managing these awards in Leave Dates.
Steps to implement a long service policy
- Go to the Settings > Allowances page.
- Click the allowance you wish to add long service awards to.
- Click + Add new policy.
- Give the new allowance a name, e.g. Long service.
- Policy type should be Set amount per year.
- Default amount should be 0 days.
- This means that new employees will get zero when they join.
- Allowance for new calendars should be Copy from previous year.
- This means that employees who are given an extra day will retain that extra day for future years until it is changed.
- Click Add.